Welcome to Philadelphia from AAM Philadelphia’s Green Subcommittee! Look for our table in the Hospitality Lounge throughout the meeting—you can find us right outside the MuseumExpo Hall.
Here are just a few reasons why you should come see what we are all about:
- Learn about what Philadelphia area museums are doing to be sustainable.
- Take one of our surveys and enter to win an autographed copy of The Green Museum: A Primer on Environmental Practice.
- Pick up one of our fantastic “Greening Your Organization” wallet cards—everything you need to know about how to make your organization more sustainable.
- Find out more information about what you will see on our Eco Walking Tour, taking place tomorrow, April 30th at 5 p.m.
- Share your organization’s environmentally conscious practices with us.
Philadelphia is striving to be one of the greenest cities in the country and there are so many different ways for you to make your visit a sustainable one. Try getting around via SEPTA, our public transit system, or eating at a restaurant that buys local. We look forward to meeting you and sharing ideas on how to make museums all over the U.S. more sustainable.—Lauren Zalut, museum educator and communicationscoordinator, Wagner Free Institute of Science, Green Subcommittee Member